By joining SFI, your early childhood program can pursue a clear plan for building families’ protective factors in partnership with parents and other programs across Illinois. SFI programs can be early childhood care and education centers, public and private preschool classrooms, Head Start and Early Head Start programs, or any other licensed educational program serving children and families. Being an SFI member program:
- Connects you to a statewide and national movement.
- Provides you with training, a learning network of like-minded programs, webinars, and resources you’ll use.
- Embeds the protective factors in your early education environment and day-to-day operations.
- Gets families involved while their children are young, when it can make the most difference.
- Meets important standards for Illinois early childhood programs.
- Meets most funders’ goals in staff development and parent involvement as well as other areas.
- Helps you reduce child abuse and neglect.
- Connects early childhood program staff with DCFS staff and other human services to provide families needed support.
- Can be included in program planning proposals for the Illinois Prevention Initiative, Pre-K, and Preschool for All.
Please join us by filling out our SFI Program Application.